Tuesday, February 17, 2009

dreams vs nightmares

I haven't been sleeping well for the past 2 weeks. I'm always lying on my bed for an hour or so, waiting for myself to drift away. I wish I had a switch on the back of my neck and I would switch it off when I feel like sleeping, escaping from the gloominess.


Dreams are as bad as nightmares. Have a good dream about something... wake up and realize that it's not there.


Dreams are places where you escape reality; the compass of both light and darkness...

I find myself sleeping more during the daytime. Right after school, I would take my shoes off and jump straight to bed. I would have the same dream over and over. The dream where you would hold my hand and when I wake up... it feels numb as if you were really with me. When I fall into a deep sleep, my mind is in an entirely different place; let it be a tulip field or a rainy day in some strange wonderland. My mind's playing tricks on me... It has to stop.


My mum says I'm having these weird dreams or nightmares because I'm stressed and unhappy. Your mind is constantly thinking of yesterday, not present nor future. And because of that, you feel tired and restless the next day because you kept worrying about yesterday. That sarks :(

It's not really worth thinking about what happened in the past. Time is too precious to let it melt away. Only present has potential.


P.S Rain, rain, go away... Come again another day...

No comments: