Wednesday, April 15, 2009

the L word

She gently closed the book and let out a smile. The book of dark blue only made her fingernails more prominent... french manicured with the slightest mistake, meticulous and perfect. Her silk scarf fell down to her shoulders, neatly tucked to the side of her neck. Her trimmed eyebrows enlivened her face of olive while her heavy lashes complimented her wide eyes. Through her curved lips, she said:

"I'm gonna ask him out"

Oh. The gay.

"Great." I let out a faint smile.


I find it fascinating how love can change a person so much in just a short period of time. We are willing to groom ourselves to the maximum for the sake of pleasing someone. How far would you go if you really loved a person?

As I smiled at her, it struck me that maybe I'm not meant to love or be loved. When I actually realize my adoration for someone, the bad luck strikes. I look at myself as an individual not one of a couple. Yet I seem to long for a source of encouragement and support.

Perhaps love isn't a very appropriate word in this context. As adolescent teenagers, what do we actually know about love? Who are we to boast about our so-called love-life to others who have experienced the bitterness of it all?

We are blinded by the Prince Charmings and happy-ever-afters. We rarely take notice of its inequities and gashes caused by our mere naivity and our inability to see the marks.

I picked up my books and left the room. While walking, I saw you with your boyfriend. I just laughed.


P.S DEJAME EN PAZ

No comments: