My cousins running around; some playing tag, while others were rushing to get their first 'red packet'. ooo angpows! I was in my Grandmother's house in Raub, Pahang. Although the house was run down, it still had it's structure and build. We celebrated the whole day and went to Penang the next day. Was a 4 hour drive but my mum OBVIOUSLY couldn't wait to arrive to see her... many siblings. The beautiful and vibrant colors were eye-catching. There was a lion dance across the street and we went to see. Amazing.
Amazing that all of this was last year.
Here I am, in Doha, not a slightest sound, no celebrations, no wishes, no angpows, no bright and colorful lights, no lion dance, no no no nothing. And the saddest thing is... GOING TO SCHOOL ON CHINESE NEW YEAR. NO ONE (except the teachers) realized that IT WAS CNY. I really miss my relatives. They must be munching down that YEE SANG and they're probably enjoying CNY without us.
I had no idea it was CNY until I received a message from Ms. Lee. Yes, Ms. Lee Hui Sen, my ex-English mentor.
Chinese New Year isn't about presents, or angpow, or food... But it's about spending time with relatives and family. To me, that's what matters the most.
SORRY FOR MY LATE WISH EVERYONE! please understand that it's 5 HOURS BEHIND HERE.
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!
...
FELIZ ANO NUEVO CHINO!
...
GONG HEI FATT CHOI!
...
SELAMAT TAHUN BARU CHINA!
...
BEST WISHES FOR THE YEAR OF THE RAT!
RA-TA-TOUILLE! XD
HOPE YOU ENJOY CHINESE NEW YEAR 2008!
xoxo
Li-Shan Wong A.K.A caterpillar! =)


No comments:
Post a Comment