Friday, June 19, 2009

Bob Sinclar's Beach Party @ Marriott

18th June 2009:

BOB SINCLAR IS IN DA HAUSSSS 8)

My FIRST Concert/ Beach Party EVERRR! :)

Honestly, I've never heard of Bob Sinclar in my entire life. I have heard his music, but when it comes to techno you don't usually ask who the DJs are.

So anyway, we had our cousinly meeting once again. Went to cousins' for dinner (my aunt is an amazing cook!)


getting ready...

It was from 8.00pm to 2am but we didn't need to rush. Akib was right when he said Bob Sinclar would only appear after 10pm or something.

So we took our time :)



We arrived at around 8.30pm and it was sooo empty! It was kinda lame coz we were put in the UNDER 21 SECTION. I think my sister was the most humiliated coz she is 22 years old, but she decided to stick with us. The above and under 21 were separated by fences and big ass guards, even though we paid the same amount of money! UNFAIR!
It was a very 'funny' section. The moment we stepped in, we just saw 12 year olds running around. Some kids even brought their parents! What a strange sight.
It was freaking 42 degrees celsius or something and we weren't allowed to bring water in.They only sold bottles of water and cans of red bull for 20 bux each! It was blardie expensive. It was kinda lame coz they didn't allow any alcohol to be brought in or sold... Only in the ABOVE 21 SECTION.
Everyone knows how dangerous Li-Shan can be after gobbling down 2 cans of Red Bull XD

The older siblings

The younger siblings :D
The music was loud and pumping, by a local DJ but everyone refused to dance until DJ Bob Sinclar showed up.
My sister trying to teach Akib some salsa :D
I think we were the ones who danced like crazy. What was stupid was that the ABOVE 21 SECTION could dance on the stage, directly in front of the DJs and the cool lights, while the UNDER 21 SECTION was restricted in a really secluded area. Like no joke, there were 22 guards just right there! 7 were in front of us and they were mean :(
JIEJIE MUSHROOM HEAD :D :D :D
I saw some of my friends there, some seniors who I'm not close to. But they were nice enough to say hi to me.
By 10.30pm, after 2 and a half hours of waiting, DJ Bob Sinclar was no where to be seen. I was getting kinda cheesed off by then.

Akib sweating XD
It was so freaking hot, I think we went to the bathroom like 10 times (There was AC in the bathroom!).

I really felt sorry for my sister coz she's not used to the heat here. Luckily we were in dresses unlike the other people who were wearing pants!

By 11.30pm, my feet were so tired and FINALLY THE ALMIGHTY BOB SINCLAR came out! I was drenched in sweat! Big Ali was singing next to him. And he was BIG, NO KIDDING, like HUGEEEEE!
I was also getting annoyed coz all the little kids were shoving into us! They were all sweaty and short and some boys were half-naked and it was disgusting. Some kids looked like they were 8 and were smoking like hell.
It was kinda sad coz some really... REALLY HOT GUYS in the 21 above section took their shirts off and flashed their 6 pac at usss!!! But I think the over 21 section was also kinda lame. THEY HAD THE FREAKING STAGE and most of them just stood ad stared like dong dong. All the kids in my section were CRAZY.
I felt sorry for Bob Sinclar. Doha is probably the lamest place he's ever been to XD.
My sister called it quits by the time it was 1am. IT WAS JUST TOO HOT. I really admire Akib for having so much stamina (He was dancing for 3 HOURS STRAIGHT!). My favourite song only came at the end, Love Generation :)
We went to the bathroom again and sat down. Kimmee came to join later.

Even though it was 42C, we did enjoy it :)
Later, their Dad came to pick us up and we slept over at cousins' place. My sister was sleeping like a dead sloth by the time she hit the bed. I couldn't sleep for a while, coz the beats were still pumping in my brain XD

Sandstorm!
So that was it. Didn't manage to take a lot of pictures coz the annoying kids behind us kept splashing water all over. Took a lot of videos but they're too big to upload.
I really enjoyed it, but could've enjoyed it more if it wasn't so freaking hot.
P.S 10 more days :)

No comments: