I'm using my Dad's laptop now coz I'm too lazy to walk to my room. Which means I will upload more pics later :D
What do I want for CHRISTMAS????
Well, sadly there's nothing much here and fortunately for my parents(and SANTA), I have nothing much in mind. It's pretty funny that the Arabs think it's OFFENSIVE that we celebrate Christmas. My Dad's boss said that one of his friends got fined for putting a cross on the windshield of his car. LOL LAME
We don't even have a Christmas tree :(. We kept Freddie in our storage back home and can't bring him because he's too big. I remember how JieJie and I used to hang stuff on Freddie, and I was always the one fussing about who should put the star at the top of Freddie. My PaPa would then put the lights around him(not too tight coz it will strangle him) and turn it on to make Freddie look bright and colorful :D :D... *sigh* those were the days!
And then and then... Jiejie and I used to have this chocolate calendar countdown to Christmas. So everyday, we eat the chocolate that's inside the calendar(I think some of you might have seen this calendar before). And when I was 5, Marmie told me to write a list of things I wanted for Christmas and that she would send it to Santa. I figured that Santa was fed up coz my list was FREAKING LONG. I think pages of it XD. In my list were : new rollerblades, Tomb Raider CD, new shoes... and etc. So when Christmas came, I got things that weren't in my list at all! But I was happy anyway :D
I also used to pray for SNOW. I prayed everyday but I guess God was too busy to answer my prayers. I asked Marmie "Marmie, Marmie, why isn't God answering my prayers? I pray long and hard every single day and still, there's no sign of any snow, anywhere!" My mum gave a loud laugh(now i figured out why) and she said "Because God is busy arranging meetings with Santa. Santa needs to fly to every house in the whole world and to make everything organized, he needs to meet with God first." I nodded and believed that for a long time... -_-'
When I was small, I got so tired of hearing Christmas songs in every shop of every mall. But just recently in my trip back home, I've learned to appreciate the beauty of it because I can't get it in Qatar XD. Sure, you can say what you like about the (screwed up) politics in Malaysia, but never in any country would you find a diverse range of people celebrating together. Every mall in Malaysia is decorated meticulously and in every shop there's AT LEAST ONE Christmas tree! This really brings out the warmth and cheerfulness in the atmosphere and it shows appreciation for Christmas IS a significant day.
The year of 2009 is approaching and I need to list some goals I want to achieve(honestly, it is a good way of preparing yourself but it never really works out XD). Time flies so fast omigosh. "I feel the wrinkles on my face already" - quoted by a young paranoid girl.
I will wish you all a Merry Christmas soon. Not now coz Christmas is not here yet XD
Monday, December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment