I'M SO TIRED! I had to load and unload the car 2 times coz we needed to store our stuff at our aunt's place. I think I can just fall asleep right now.
My flight's in 6 hours. I'm pretty excited. The fact that I'm leaving Qatar for good is just unbelievable. Two years have gone by fast...
Luckily Qatar Airways allows 30 kg per person, unlike the other airlines that only allow 20 kg. My total weight is 36 kg (I am moving okay???) and I will need to give some stuff away in KL coz my flight from KL to Melbourne only allows 20 kg. Need to get rid of 16 kg. RIGHT.
I have to admit that I was very reluctant to come to Qatar when I was still living in Malaysia. I've lived there my whole life and have become so attached to my own network of family and friends. But only when I came here... I realized that I've been so close minded and selfish this whole time. I never really cared about what happened outside of Malaysia because I was just stuck in my own little world. Only when you come out and explore, you start to realize that the world isn't just about you, but it's about other people as well. People of different culture, race, and religion all combined.
There were times when it was difficult. Adapting to a whole new life, to the weather, and to a set of new friends. But the weird yet funny thing is: we all come here for the same reason, to live in this strange country we've never heard of before. I have had the greatest memories here... especially meeting many incredible people.
Thank you for the great memories that I will forever cherish :)
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment